Everyone was pretty pumped about trivia at Kaffé 1870 last night! If you missed it, or want to host your own quiz night, here are the questions. We are going to wait for feedback to see when we should host another round!
1. Name the 3 major league baseball teams named after animals found in the scientific class, Aves.
2. In The Lord of the Rings, how many individuals form the initial fellowship of the ring that sets out from Rivendell?
3. In what language did Franz Kafka write?
4. What kind of animal is Beatrix Potter's Jeremy Fisher?
5. Which is the only Shakespeare play with an animal in the title?
6. What Canadian most recently won the Nobel Prize for literature?
7. What is the name of the monster (created by a doctor) in Mary Shelley’s famous gothic novel?
8. In the Harry Potter series, what is the name for a person with a lack of magical ability?
9. The current best-selling Amazon title, Oh She Glows, falls into what book category?
10. Give one of the two possible names for this hockey penalty: a player attempts to draw a penalty by dramatizing a fall. (Bonus point if you get both answers)
11. Who is responsible for the following lyrics (circle one): Andrew Lloyd Webber in Cats, or the Pussy Cat Dolls: “Feline, fearless, faithful, and true”?
12. What piece of punctuation is better known in Britain as a full stop?
13. In what book do we learn that “big brother is watching you”?
14. Who dies first, Romeo or Juliet?
15. Which Roald Dahl book features Aunt Spiker and Aunt Sponge?
16. Who invented the first mechanical printing press, and in what century?
17. Which of Shakespeare’s plays is called “the Scottish Play” for superstitious reasons? Hint: the play features supernatural elements.
18. In Life of Pi, what is “Pi” short for?
19. Which well-known Ray Bradbury book begins with the sentence “It was a pleasure to burn”?
20. Who wrote The Catcher in the Rye?
21. In which period of American history does Scarlett O’Hara exist?
22. Who is Wakefield’s best-known crime writer?
23. Who is Wakefield’s “village poet”?
24. What dystopian tale features a dictatorship led by pigs? Hint: you probably read this in high school.
25. The following four words all start with the letter Q. What are they?
a) 4-letters, referring to an all-terrain vehicle
b) 5-letters, meaning to form a line (in the UK)
c) 6-letters, a place in North America
d) 7-letters, a Central American bird
26. Verbs come in two voices. What are they?
27. Which is correct?
a) A dog looked for its owner b) A dog looked for it’s owner.
28. What words would you use to tell a horse to turn right and left?
29. What phrases are represented in the following arrangements?
b) 13579 vs. U